It’s almost time for one of our favorite events of the entire winter: the 8th Annual Frostbite Chili Crawl! This year, the it will be held on Saturday, February 18, from noon until 4:00 PM.
**UPDATE: Check out the video at the very end of this post for this year’s winners!**
While some years have been truly blizzard-like, this year’s forecast for the event is sunny and unseasonably warm, which means we are expecting to see a TON of people in Downtown Manistee to sample all of the delicious offerings! (Be sure to get out early – if it’s super busy, some locations may run out of chili, and you want to make sure that you get to try them all!)
Where are all of the places that you need to stop? We put together this handy map!
This year the chilis are divided into two categories for judging: amateur (homemade) and professional. There are a whopping 22 stops on the 2017 crawl route! (That’s four more than last year!)
- Wahr Hardware
- Goody’s Juice & Java
- Manistee Art Institute River Street Artisans Gallery
- Happy Owl Bookshop
- Vogue Theatre
- Northern Spirits Gift Shoppe
- Gold & Silver Exchange
- Reusch Jewelers
- Snyder’s Shoes
- The Ideal Kitchen
- Moving Spirit
- Douglas Valley
- Kellie’s Hallmark
- Redeemed Furniture Decor and More
- House of Flavors
- Bluefish Kitchen & Bar
- The Fillmore
- Famous Flynn’s
- Manistee Inn & Marina (chili by Rosie’s Place)
- TJ’s Pub
- Boathouse Grill
In addition to lots of good eats, the day will also feature plenty of family-friendly entertainment throughout the downtown district, including ice carving and live music.
Check out these highlights from last year’s crawl!
Will we see you there? Find out more about the event here.
**UPDATE: Check out the 2017 Frostbite Chili Crawl highlights and winners!**
- 1st place: Bluefish Kitchen + Bar
- 2nd place: The Fillmore
- 3rd place: TJ’s Pub
- 1st place: Reusch Jewelry
- 2nd place: The Ideal Kitchen
- 3rd place: Wahr Hardware
After all the ballots were counted, the Bluefish restaurant won the traveling trophy for the overall win with 192 votes.
- Armory Youth Project Gears Up for Summer 2017 Opening - March 5, 2017
- Hiking the North Country Trail in Manistee County - February 23, 2017
- Frugal Foodie: Manistee’s Best Bites on a Budget - February 20, 2017
- Frostbite Chili Crawl 2017 - February 13, 2017
- Recap: 39th Annual Spirit of the Woods Folk Festival - June 18, 2016